Apply for membership  |  Login

International Mobility - Hong Kong

Corporate Member of Hong Kong Institute of Engineers (HKIE) 

This application route applies only to an engineer who has been granted Corporate Membership by HKIE and has been admitted according to detailed assessments carried out by the HKIE, but does not include applicants granted Qualification/Licensure through a third party mutual recognition agreement or applicants who have been granted Corporate Membership by HKIE through the “Mature Route”. 


The following documents are required for this process:

  • Member-in-Training application form and fee ($210 non-refundable) 
  • Original or certified/notarized copies (link to FAQs) of all university transcripts and certificates/diplomas 
  • Resume of engineering work experience since completing your Bachelor degree. 
  • Proof of Corporate Membership in HKIE (direct from HKEI or original or notarized copy). 
  • Proof of identity (ID). Complete this Proof of ID form and mail it back to APEGS, along with a signed photo copy of your govenment issued photo ID. The guarantor may be either a Notary Public, a Canadian P.ENg. or P.Geo. or a Corporate Member of HKIE.
  • Letter of good standing from HKIE (must be sent directly to APEGS from HKIE). 
  • A cover letter indicating that you are applying under the International Mobility Agreement.

Documents must be sent to APEGS by mail. Scanned or faxed copies are not acceptable.

Application Process

Once your engineer-in-training application has been approved, you will be notified in writing. Then your file will be passed to the Director of Registration to grant the three years of international experience credit that you are entitled to, and you will be notified in writing when that has taken place. 

Step 1: Submit Engineer-in-Training Application

On-line Engineer-in-Training Application

You may apply for engineer-in-training online using a credit card. This is the quickest and preferred way to apply. Choose the application type "Engineer-in-Training - Intl grad".


Member-in-Training Paper Application Form

You may apply using the printed application form only if a company is paying the application fee by cheque or the company who is paying the application fee does not pay GST (such as Government of Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan Watershed Authority). Do not submit the paper application form if you apply on-line.

Step 2: Submit required documents

The required documents are listed above in the Requirements section. Some of the documents you submit directly to the APEGS office by mail. Others you will have to arrange for them to be sent from the appropriate organziation as indicated.

Next Steps

Once you are approved as an engineer-in-training and have been granted three years of international experience credit toward professional registration, then you must submit one year of Canadian or equivalent-to-Canadian experience once you have obtained it. The Member-In-Training page explains the requirements a member-in-training must meet before he or she may apply as a professional member.


If during the registration process APEGS discovers that an applicant or member may not meet the Good Character Guideline then action will be taken.


If you have any questions concerning the application process for mutual recognition agreements, please contact the Academic Review Assistant at the APEGS office: Local Regina 525-9547, Toll free 1-800-500-9547 or by email at

Related Documents

Good Character Guideline

Related Links

On-line Application System
FAQs Applicants

Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
Achieving a Safe & Prosperous Future Through Engineering & Geoscience